Monday, June 06, 2022

I rode the train 2 hours and it was really fun until it wasn't

On Saturday I went to Aachen!!!!! 




and it was beautiful! Charlemagne's cathedral was jaw-dropping. It had a beautiful deep blue stained glass and gilded dome.  I was so in awe thinking of the thousands of people who prayed here that I had to sit down and just look at the ceiling. After that, we walked around for a bit and I found a gluten-free version of the cinnamon bread famous in the area. It was pretty much a harder version of gingerbread with a bit more spice dipped in chocolate. After that, we went to the Spa and swam in the pools and hot tubs, and went to the steam room. The water felt amazing and so refreshing, but there was a LOT of PDA happening in the hot tub! After that, we ate some traditional sausages and headed home on the train! which was really easy until we had to switch trains in köln. Then it was so crowded I had to stand for an hour and a half with a bike in between my legs. not fun!!! over all It was definitely worth it to spend the day exploring Aachen.    

No comments: