Sunday, June 26, 2022

Busy Week

 In all honesty, I was not expecting high 80’s to mid 90’s temperatures and a lack of AC as a combo. But luckily, the tours and sightseeing in Vienna provided a great distraction from the heat. The Fools Tower was probably the most memorable portion of this visit because of its amazingly realistic wax sculptures and grotesque preserved specimens. The pharmacology museum was also quite interesting as I had a chance to chat with the director one on one for a fair time. As Dr. Wasser has mentioned the debatable effectiveness of eye brought throughout the trip, I has curiously asked the director about it as well. Unsurprisingly, he very strongly vouched for its effectiveness: “Of course it works!”

Prague had a very rough beginning and end, but I would never say it wasn’t worth the trip. We walked a mile in a thunderstorm carrying all our luggage and, even as I’m writing, am making a 16 hour journey back to Bornheim due to delays. But I’ve never seen such gorgeous buildings as in Prague. My group and I decided not to take any tours nor museums; rather, we wandered for hours and hours just taking in the wonderful sights. Prague was worth the trouble getting to and from there.

No comments: