Sunday, June 05, 2022

Week 2 in Bonn

 This week I’ve been able to adjust more to life here. I’ve figured out how to take the trains and feel more comfortable with public transportation. I love doing things both in groups and on my own. One of my favorite moments this trip was taking the train alone to Bonn. I sat alone near a fountain while I ate curry wurst mit pommes and watched everyone. I’m amazed at how similar the teenagers seem to american ones. They wear similar clothes probably due to social media. Then I went to the botanical gardens to lay in the sun and read. I love how much more I’m blending in here. I went to the grocery store next and was able to make it with out them realizing I didn’t speak German. I’m also really interested in all the Ukrainian refugees here. It so sad to see the faces of people who were actually affected by the war which once seemed so far away to me. Even though I’ve been yelled at many times here I love it and I’m already dreading going home. 

No comments: