Friday, June 03, 2022

Blog Post 2

 Our first week here was a bit of an adjustment: beating jet lag, learning the trains, figuring out class schedules. But even in such a short time, so many unforgettable events have already happened. The House of History was very interesting. I've always been interested in Cold War history, but I have only ever learned it from an American perspective, so the German perspective was very eye-opening. 

I am also learning how limiting and awkward it is to not speak German. Although a lot of people here speak it and speak it well, the few encounters I have had with a true language barrier have been strange. Being yelled at by an annoyed German in a McDonald's was a little frightening and has really strengthened my resolve to continue my Duolingo lessons. 

I am very excited for what the next few weeks will bring!

No comments: