Wednesday, June 29, 2022

Vienna/Italy

 Vienna and Florence, so far, take the cake for my favorite cities. Vienna was beautiful and I never thought anyone had an attitude towards us while we were there. The tours we did on this trip were also some of my favorites that we've ever done, such as the catacombs and the Natural History Museum. One of my absolute favorite parts is that the public transportation was the easiest system I have used since I've been here. Other than the actual things we did, it was easy to tell the difference in our attitudes from week 1 or 2 to now. We are a much closer group now and I hope that doesn't go away when the semester starts. 

Italy was fun and beautiful, but this was also probably where I found people to be the most rude. Employees at a museum were unhelpful and just asking for bad reviews. We ended up buying sketchy tickets on the side of the street, but it worked and we saw the statue of David so, oh well. The rest of the day in Florence was gorgeous. Looking at the sunset along the river at Ponte Vecchio felt like what I call a "movie moment". Then we had the best Italian home-made pasta ever. Pisa, aside from the tower and cathedral, was not as impressive as Florence. It wasn't the prettiest city, but the tower is still a once in a lifetime opportunity, so it was definitely worth it. 




No comments: