Sunday, June 05, 2022

2nd week in Germany

 As I am finishing up my second week of studying abroad in Germany, I can truly understand the saying “it’s gets worse before it gets better”. It has been a roller coaster this week. I’ve been loving my history of medicine course, getting familiar with the different ways they would treat diseases like pulling a dirty string through the body and letting it get infected to “pus all the bad stuff out”. I also learned something new about myself which is that o can go through $300 in less than 2 weeks (yikes lol). This week we visited cologne and it was AMAZING! It was true what they say about it being the German New Orleans. It was so fun visiting for our study trip that I decided to go check out the night life. Some friends and I decided to reward our self for Al the hard work we put in this week and go to a club. Little did I know that this club had mandatory tab cards and if you lost them you had to pay $65 to eave the club… plus the $15 cover. I always end up losing things but this night taught me to keep up with all of my stuff. After that night I was pretty upset and financially stressed, but after a talk with some friends and family, I felt a lot better. I even headed back to cologne the next day to take a dance class from a dancer who won hollands got talent! I was able to recollect myself and felt better than ever. I’ve learned so many lessons this week and I’m excited for what yet to come!

No comments: