Monday, June 20, 2022

Em's Week 4 (Weekend Edition): I had my Emily in Paris moment

 



I knew the Eiffel tower was beautiful, but I never would have imagined the feeling of sitting on the grass in front of the tower at midnight, counting down to see it sparkle, and then hearing the hoots, whoops, and hollers of everyone cheering when the sparkling began. Paris feels like a dream. The first-class Thalys tickets with plush red seats gave us a sense of lavish comfort we were not used to from the rest of our travels. We were lucky first-class tickets were cheaper. 







Waking up and doing a river cruise of the Seine river was beautiful. Going to the Palace of Versailles was breathtaking, although Danie and I almost passed out in the Palace Gardens. Heat I am used to. Heat with hardly any buildings, trains, busses, bakeries, and more having AC is brutal. But we made it! Fondue dinner and walking to the Eiffel Tower at night were breathtaking, and I will remember the weekend forever.

The Louvre on Sunday was breathtaking. Seeing sculptures and paintings I had seen as a kid in textbooks and in culture was an experience I will never forget and I am so glad that Danie and I had the opportunity to go!

XOXO Paris

See you soon again, I hope!

No comments: