Thursday, June 16, 2022

I know how to blog now: Walkin' 'round Aachen (From Week 2)

 I had trouble getting back into my blog and have been waiting to post my updates. During the second weekend, I went to Aachen. It took over two hours to get there as it's right next to the border of the Netherlands and Belgium. I was immediately surprised to see so many people walking the streets, but it made sense as the 9 Euro ticket had just dropped. I saw this town as the love child of Bonn and Cologne: not quite as crowded as Cologne but more than Bonn. The porridge at the little café was better than Goldilock's. Then, we went to the cathedral. Wow. Charlamagne did not accept anything less than astounding as I thought the inside was more beautiful than the Cologne Cathedral. Next, I took my first trip to a German sauna. Honestly, this was difficult. Not just because of the nudity, no I was prepared for that. It was mostly because the facility was so big, and I kind of had no clue where everything was. Also, everyone was naked. After this, we all went to eat at a German restaurant, where I had a top 5 hot dog of my life: Immaculate Glizzy. After sitting in the park for a bit, we finally took a very hot and crowded train back home. The train was hotter than the sauna that I had took earlier (again, the 9 euro ticket had just dropped). It was an excellent day, and I slept like a baby that night.



No comments: