Tuesday, June 14, 2022

Norderney and Amsterdam





This past week and weekend has been the best one since I’ve been to Germany! Like always, there were some ups and downs (way more ups this time).


Norderney 

During the Norderney trip, I pushed myself physically to do more active things like working out and bike riding some hefty trails. It was very relaxing to go to the baudahouse and the floating salt pool and waterslide/wavepool were definitely my favorite parts. One night, some friends and I went down to the beach and had a great time watching the sunset. It was one of the most beautiful things I’ve experienced and I felt at peace. Before we went to the beac, our program had a bbq at the hostel and it was so much fun. When I first thought about this trip, I thought I was going to be the only dancer and no one would like the same things I do besides medicine. I ended up finding multiple people who have things in common with me and at the bbq, I felt like we were all the same and were just there to have a good time. I always thought about teaching the group a dance but never metioned it because I thought no one would want to do it. That night, I taught the whole study abroad group a dance to “break a sweat” and it was SO GOOD! Even some people who really did not want to dance learned it, which made me realize that sometimes we need to get out of our comfort zones.


Amsterdam 

Amsterdam was so far my favorite city I have been to in Europe. Although Amsterdam still did not have many black people, it felt like there were more than in Bonn per say. One of the things I have had a harder time adjusting to was not seeing anyone who looked like me. Amsterdam felt welcoming and gave off immaculate vibes. The city was beautiful! Just walking around the town was fun. I went to the Vondelpark and this waa the prettiest park that I have ever seen. The grass felt so unreal and I could have layed their for the whole day. I also took a 3 hour bike tour where I almost crashed about 5 times. I went to Body Worlds Museum and caught up on some human anatomy and physiology! It was very cool and the museum was based on happiness so it was a great personal mental experience. I took so many pictures but there were a few favorites which I included one. It shows a cadaver of a baby inside of the womb. I am very interested in maternal health and fetal development BU the way.


No comments: