Sunday, June 05, 2022

Adventures in Aachen

 Yesterday a group of us traveled about two hours to a town in Germany called Aachen. We walked around town and saw the Aachen cathedral, and it was so beautiful! And fun fact, it was constructed by order of Emperor Charlemagne. 



We also went to a spa that had natural thermal pools both indoors and outdoors. I would post pictures, but they said that they didn't allow anyone to take any pictures of the inside! It was a very relaxing end to the day. After that we went to a german restaurant and they gave me a hotdog in a cup of water which I'm not sure how to feel about. 


Overall, I'm feeling much more confident at navigating my way around unfamiliar places and using the train system. I also feel like I can communicate better with the people in the town around me. It has only been two weeks and yet I have seen a lot of growth in myself, and I can't wait for this next step of the journey in Nordeney!

No comments: