Thursday, June 16, 2022

Reloaded: Mysterious Monastery

(This was supposed to have posted on the second day of class!!) I was a little disappointed when I found out that I was not going to be placed with a host family. However, the monastery turned out to be nothing like I expected. As we unloaded our luggage, I was surprised to look into the building and see the walls painted a bold blue color. The manager was wearing a floral dress and led us into a room that looked like it had been a chapel. I looked along the walls and see stained glass windows of saints, and my eyes move along to see what type of crucifix is at the center. Instead, I see an image of a ballet dancer dressed in bright orange. Additionally, a yoda-like hound dog looked as if it was sitting on a throne that was positioned on the altar. At that moment, I was no longer wishing to be with a host family. Whatever this room that I had just walked into was where I was supposed to be.


No comments: