Monday, June 20, 2022

I love Germany, but I miss air conditioning

 This weekend was SO HOT! Even though right now in Texas the heat has been unbearable, I found that not having air conditioning when it is 90 degrees + can be a little rough. I would get onto the train and it would be 10 degrees hotter than it was outside! However, it was nice to be able to enjoy the beautiful weather and wear my summer clothes :)

On Saturday I went to the flea market, which I expected to have a few stands with decently priced items. It took me 40 minutes to walk from one end to the other, and I got such good deals! Afterwards I sat by the river drinking a watermelon slushy and eating stir fry in pure bliss. Later that night I went to Abbie's host family's barbecue, which was the best food I've had since I've been here. If I could have that meal every night I would! 

I also found out that grilled cheese here is not a sandwich, it is LITERALLY grilled slices of cheese. It's soooo good.

On Sunday I took the day to rest and relax before our big upcoming Vienna trip. It was a much needed day of walking around, getting ice cream (of course), and getting takeout sushi from my favorite spot. I've realized that at this point I know Bonn well enough to say that I have my favorite restaurants, coffee stands, and bakeries, which makes me feel like I'm starting to get to know the area like a local. 

I can't wait for this week in Vienna, I can feel that this trip is going to be the best one yet!


No comments: