Sunday, June 05, 2022

2 Weeks in Germany

 I cannot believe that I have been in this beautiful country for 2 weeks now! The sights have been incredible and it has been so much fun getting to know all of the other students as well as getting to spend more time with Marga in her host country. Living with my host family definetly is causing me to grow and learn more German, as their English abilities are a little lacking, but it is giving me an experience like no other. The first weekend I travelled to Cologne and got to hang out with Marga and her family which was very special as her parents were celebrating their 25th wedding anniversary. I got to see the Dom for the first time and walk along the Rhine and see the crane houses which was all spectacular. Especially the Dom, which continued to take my breath away during our group trip there on Wednesday. Getting to go to the top of the Dom has been one of my favorite experiences so far. This weekend Marga and I ventured to the Black Forest and stayed in Freiburg then Baden-Baden (where we are fighting some rain today). Freiburg was so much fun and we walked up nearly 300 steps to the top and got an incredible view of the city and the surrounding forest. I am excited to go to the thermal baths here in Baden-Baden later today. Until next time!

No comments: