Tuesday, June 21, 2022

Amsterdam

 This past weekend, Marga and I ventured to Amsterdam. Amsterdam was a stunningly beautiful city that I hope to return to soon if possible. We started our journey by seeing the incredible Rijksmuseum, which while a little overwhelming, was incredible. I especially liked the swan picture and enjoyed the ability to see what different portions of the painting meant, which allowed me to have a deeper understanding of the work of art. That evening, we continued to explore the city and went on a cheese and wine canal tour that I highly recommend. Our guide was very knowledgable and it was one of the best ways to see the city. The next morning, we started at the Van Gogh museum, which I also enjoyed due to its storyline and journey through his life. After an incredible hot chocolate at the Cafe Americain, we did a 2.5 hour bike tour that was definetly not as grueling as I was worried it would be. Being on a bike allowed us to quickly see all parts of the city and get some exercise while doing it. 

While our time in Amsterdam was magical, getting home was far from that. Our train departed on time, but we were stuck in a car without AC, which was quite miserable. Then about an hour and a half into our journey, we were told of a massive train delay that at minimum would put us behind schedule by two hours. We ended up hanging out inside a Burger King in a random station within the Netherlands, which was less than ideal. We finally finished our journey home with a total 3 hour delay which meant I didn't get home until 2AM to Bonn. This definetly made me appreciate my time and work on my patience. I am just happy to have made it home eventually.

Now we are off to Vienna and I cannot wait to spend more time in this beautiful city!

No comments: