Tuesday, June 14, 2022

Stepping out of my comfort zone

 First off, I am not an adventurous person. I rarely enjoy being out of my comfort zone, so obviously I never do it. But a mix of being in Europe, being with friends, and Dr. Wasser's charisma has led me many times during this trip to take a step outside my comfort zone.

I have never been in a spa, but attending one was something I always felt quite neutral about, so I had no problems going. The mud bath on the other hand: Never in my life would I have thought to rub mud all over my body, much less my face. However, the experience was much nicer than I could have imagined and just like Dr. Wasser had said, I had never felt cleaner than after the spa.

I had been dreading the mud flats prior to arriving on Nordeney. I am a bit of a germaphobe but definitely a clean freak, and a mud hike was as far out of comfort zone as I had ever been before. But if there is anything I hate more than filth and mud, its worms and other crawly organisms. So yeah, I would label the mud hike as an interesting experience, and although I am glad I attended, I would never do that again.

No comments: