Friday, June 10, 2022

Week 2 Recap

 This is another blog coming in late. This will serve as my week 2 recap in Bonn. This week felt much more relaxed and easier than the first week in terms of logistics and details. The train system is slowly getting figured out, and the more I figure it out the more I realize it has many flaws. There are many trains that conssitently run late. Talking with my host family and other German adults has made me realize that this system has faults just as we have in America. This was an interesting realization because of the fact that I was so enamored with the public transport system in Germany due to the fact that we simply do not have an effective public transportation system in the US. Therefore, these conversations forced me to remove these rose-tinted glasses and gain a little more perspective to be more critical. 

The highlight of the week was most definitely a trip to the Cologne Cathedral. The magnificence of this cathedral was simply spectacular. The detail was simply out of this world, and frankly it was the most beautiful church I've ever been in. It was truly a spectacle I dont know if I will ever see again, or maybe I will here in other places in Germany. I will share some pictures below. This week was full of more comfortability in Germany while being still astounded by many things. It was simply a great week despite it being not too busy.




No comments: