Thursday, June 16, 2022

Norderney

Our study abroad program traveled to Norderney, Germany for three nights. During this time, we learned about the benefits and history of thalasso therapy. This may either be preventative or rehabilitative treatment associated with the ocean. The people on this island seemed happy and welcoming to visitors, especially the women who ran the badehaus museum. While I enjoyed the six meter shower, salt pool, and family pool with the wave machine, I do not see myself attending a sauna again for a good amount of time. I felt more awkward than relaxed. Throughout this experience, I kept thinking about how much my family would enjoy visiting Norderney. It reminded me of a colder and less commercialized version of Key West. This is my parent's favorite place to visit in the US.  

No comments: