Saturday, June 11, 2022

Nordeney Adventures

 Following my travels to the Black Forest, we found ourselves continuing our journey in Nordeney. This portion of the trip was definately a test for my body as our 2 hour bike tour included wind and rain as well as getting lost, but it all builds character right? However, I had the BEST seafood pasta of my life that evening at the Gran Cafe so it was definetly worth the struggle. Thankfully, the next day included an informative and interesting set of lectures about the science behind the spa island. Then we went to the Badehaus which was incredible. It was a very good experience for me to push myself out of my comfort zone and bond with the group even more. All of the pools were amazing and my skin has never been softer. The fun weather continued on the second to last day when we had to bike against the wind and got lost ... again. The mud flat hike was super interesting and it was nice to see all the different organisms supported by that ecosystem. But overall Nordeney was incredible and I enjoyed spending the time bonding as a group and getting to hang out with some of the locals, where I ended up using more of my German.

I just arrived in Dublin, Ireland today and I can't wait to see what this long weekend has in store for me!










No comments: