Thursday, January 01, 2009

Thoughts on Homeopathy

During the lecture by the homeopathic doctor (whose name was to intimidating for me to even attempt to write down), I was thinking about why there is such a difference in views on homeopathic medicine in the United States and Western European countries. My experiences of homeopathic medicine are very limited and my knowledge of it is even smaller. In my opinion it feels that the homeopaths here take their profession more seriously and scientific than the homeopaths back in the states. It must be very hard for everyone in our group to understand the rationale for the dilutions and the entire concept in general. We have all taken 2-4 years of very definite, provable sciences and this seems to be much lower in those departments.

This does not mean that I believe his entire profession is a crock, I just know for sure that is not the direction I want to take my education. The scientific laws and physical principles are things that I take comfort in for the ability to be discovered. This area needs much more research and science in my opinion. I am very glad he came though, he was very professional and a great speaker

No comments: