Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Brian Gibson and the Love Gloves

Friday we went to the Gottingen clinic. Dr. Jan Schmitto gave us a presentation on a brief history of heart surgery and the different types of surgery and the use of animal models to research heart failure. I really learned a lot about the current heart operations and terminology which came in handy Monday in Bad Oeynhausen. After lunch we went on a medical history walk through the town. I was excited to see the Royal University Pharmacy and the oldest pharmacy in town. It was also cool to hear the stories of how the old pharmacies had to work.

Friday night was the beginning of an adventerous weekend. I have a friend who has been to Amsterdam and he said I'd be fine as long as I avoided the Red Light District at night. So I was nervous arriving around 1 AM in a seedy part of town, but it really wasn't that bad. Saturday we saw the Anne Frank House, which was such a great museum. Then the Van Gogh museum and the Heineken Experience, which was by far my favorite part of Amsterdam, even though I don't like beer. Saturday night I found my true calling in life, playing pool. (total joke) but it was still fun. All in all, it was a great weekend and I'm so glad we went to Amsterdam.

No comments: