Wednesday, January 21, 2009

So back to normal life.

After the program ended on January 16, I went to Paris straight afterwards on the 17th. That night, Amanda and I went to visit the Eifel Tower! It was so beautiful during the night. I was so glad we went during the night instead of during the day, I thought it was a much better experience. The next day, which was my 20th birthday, we first went to Notre Dam Church, where we actually attended mass, and I even had communion, in the Notre Dam. It was so cool. Then we went to the Louvre and saw a bunch of famous paintings, then the Tuilieries (spelling?), then shopping, then the famous gate where the Tour de France ends, and finally, the next day, I went back to the States.

I must say it feels really weird being back here. Everything is in English, I'm using American dollars, I get free refills in restaurants, and I get to sleep in my own bed. I miss Germany already, but at the same time I am glad to see my friends again as well. This experience was absolutely amazing and I'm thankful that I went through with it. I think everyone should travel overseas somewhere once in their lives, and there is no better time to do it than in college. My memories in Germany, Austria, Czech Republic, Holland, and France are priceless!!! Maybe one day, I'll return to Europe and have another adventure... But for now, I enjoy being back home in College Station.

1 comment:

Francisco G said...

Notre Dame and Jardins des Tulleries (for spelling suggestions)
I am happy that you got to experience Paris!!! I hope you were left with the desire to return one day!