Tuesday, January 06, 2009

Jus' Jon 5

On January 1, 2009, after about 12 hours of sleep from Sunday, I awoke to a beautiful sunshinny blue skz. I felt like it was going to be a good beautiful day. It turned out to be an exciting day. Me and the guys went to Zoo Berlin to see manz animals. We were here for at least 3 hours. In this time period, we seen many unique animals like the India Rhino, Anacondas, Ducks, a roaring Lion, and more. For me, my favorite animal to see was Knut the adorable Polar Bear. I have known for some time that Knut was popular world wide. I first herd of the bear on World News. In fact, our professor gave us some info on Knut. He said that the Polar Bear is not a baby anymore, but a 200 kg Polar Bear. He said that his trainer died at, I think he said, 40 of a heart attack about a year ago. Getting back to the zoo, I got to see Knut in person. The Polar Bera was impressive as it perched on the rocks of its domain. It was so picturesque. After the zoo, we got a little to eat at the local Dunken Donut and off to the church for a tour we went. When we got to the church, the inside was just breathe taking. The art, the gold, the architecture, and the biblical stories on teh walls of the ceilings was just stunning. The Protestant Church even has a crypt with Fredrick the Great's casket there. AFter this, we went to the Checkpoint Charlie Museum. The museum is definentallz bigger on teh inside than the outside. We seen artwork, stories of people escaping from East Berlin to West Berlin during the Cold War times and teh times of the Berlin Wall. The museum even had an exibitof old cars from back in the day. They were interesting cars. From here, we took about 15 minutes to go to an American Sports Bar called Play-Off. We went here for thier special of all zou can eat ribs just for 5 Euros. 5 Euros for an all zou can eat is good because this is something zou hardlz ever see in teh states. I've never seen such a deal like this in the states ever. We all ate about 3 plates of ribs. I ate 64 ribs. This was the first time that I had had ribs. Therz were good. After this, we were all leaning because we had ate so much food, but we enjoyed it so much. After this, we all came back to our rooms to chill. I managed to get a souvenir water bottle that cost 2,63 Euros. This was more than the beer at the sports bar, which was onlz 2,49 Euros.
So far, my time in Berlin has been well spent and I have liked it all. I have enjoyed everz minute of it, and I look forward to more great times in Europe

1 comment:

briangibson said...

Ha thats so true about the beer, my beer was also bigger than yours