Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Jus Jon 10

Yesterday, was my first daz in Vienna. To get here, I had to awaken at 3:30am, get dressed, met with the group, catch a taxi to the airport, fly to Vienna for about an hour and a half, and then catch a bus to the hotel. From here, we got settled in for a few minutes, went to a local alternative coffee shop, and then toured a museum of Vienna that gave us valuable information about Vienna and its history. I enjoyed the museum a lot because of all of the old antiques of the museum from the B.C. times. I also enjoyed the many replicas of Vienna, as a city, from its birth to its modern day glamour. The museum gúide was verz nice, energetic, and reaaaally had her information and facts together. That to me was the most amazing thing about her. From here, we took a tour of St. Stephen's Cathedral and the catacombs of the church. The cathedral was just as impressive as the Köln Cathedral. It had the stained glass, the romanesque architecture, the beautiful artwork, and the enormous catacombs. In the catacombs, their were coffins, tombs, urns, collections of bones, and a lot of dead people. I mean a looooot of dead people. After these catacombs, I went back to the hotel to relax for a little bit. I wanted to go to the Jazz Cafe, but I decided that I really needed sleep, so I just stayed in the hotel for the rest of the day after dinner. Seams like there is a lot of fun and education coming up in Vienna. Im looking forward to it.

No comments: