Friday, January 02, 2009

So as I sit in this internet cafe trying to think of what to write...I don't even know where to begin. We've only been here a few days, but already so much has happened. Luckily, I had an easy flight here. Jared, Tarah and I were one of the first ones here so we were able to go out in Bonn and do a lot of exploring on our own. We went to Beethoven's house, which I was really looking forward to. The house was tiny, but somehow they managed to fit 12 rooms inside of it. Walking around cities on your own with just a map in your hand is my favorite thing to do when traveling. That way you get to explore things for yourself.

I was really interested in the first lecture on homeopathy. Mr. Jürgen Weiland was very knowledgable on his profession, obviously. But it definitely opened up my eyes to alternative medicine. It is not advertised much in the US and I was surprised when he mentioned the oldest school for homoepathy is in the US. When I get home I want to read some case studies on patients to see if the 'like cures like' theory can pretty much cover any ailment.

The second lecture on euthenasia was also really interesting. I think it is interesting how through every history class I ever took, it was never once mentioned that the Nazi party looked towards the US as an example. I was also unaware of the forced sterilization programs that were taking place in the US. I should probably brush up on my history.

Everyone on the trip is really chill and easy going. Of course that makes any trip more enjoyable, but im glad were all getting to know each other after meeting every week for a semester when no one would say a word...

No comments: