Thursday, January 15, 2009

Vienna whats up!

This trip has gone by so fast! I can't believe that I only have three days left before we fly back. I've really enjoyed Vienna so far and I especially love the cafe we went to where everything was ''biological'' which translates into orgranic. Back at home, I'm pretty much obsessed with organic foods and love Whole Foods and Central Market, what can I say? I'm a tree hugger in disguise! The cafe also had the most delicious crepes with fresh bananas and honey. Not to forget a life-changing cafe au lait, starbucks in your face!
The ''homemade'' walking tour courtesy of Dr. Wasser and Dr. Zach was cool because we just went at our own pace ( which was still a speedy walk) and explored the city. It felt pretty adventurous because we wandered through a department store looking for Mozart and found him along with a fantastic view of the rooftops of vienna on the seventh floor. Its hard to imagine that all of these modern stores are grounded on the fundamental historical roots of Austria.
Last night we went to the opera and it was Phenominal!!!!! I've seen one french opera, Romeo and Juliet many years ago but i was too young to really appreciate the cultural value of it. This was my first operetta and hopefully not my last. Even though there was a language barrier, the english subtitles really helped and as long as you paid close attention you could follow the plot. The costumes were so detailed and glamourous and it was really neat that the opera incorporated the Vienna ballet company into the party scene. If Dr. Wasser hadnt told me that a person was int he conch shell on stage I would have never known!

Im really excited about going to the riding school tomorrow!

No comments: