Thursday, January 15, 2009

A little art with that medicine?

Today, Amanda, Tara and I spent most of the day in the Belvedere Place after visiting the Josephium. The actual palace and it's grounds were spectacualr and I can only imagine what it looks like in the summer, but the main attraction for our visit was the art. We only puchased tickets for the lower palace which was perfect for the amount of time we had to spend there because we had a list we needed to complete. The exhibit we saw had Amanda's favorite painting "The Kiss" by Gustav Klimt along with some other great works. Some of my new favorites include Carl Moll, Wenzel Jäger, Adolf Hözel, and Carl Krenek. If you have time to visit, I highly reccommend it!

After the Belvedere Palace we headed to the Natural History museum. With all the the amazing European architecture, food, and art, I almost forgot how much the natural world facinates me and how many new pets I need to add to my list. Needless to say, I loved the exhibits and can now say that I have seen the Venus of Willendorf...what a woman!

To top off the day, Amanda, Tara and I have "linner" at the crepe cafe around the corner and could not be more content! Do I have to go home?! So...one more day and hopefully one more blog before I'm back in the states. Happy birthdaz Krystyna!

No comments: