Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Jus Jon 9

Today, I have arrived in Vienna, but I would like to talk about the day after the Amsterdam night out. Surprisingly, I awoke with more energz than I had the day before. I awoke with everybody else and checked out of the Hostel. We ended up going to a book store in the city, walking around the city shopping, and then going to chillout for a little while before the train ride. Me and 4 others went to go play Pool for about 2 hours for 10,50 Euros an hour. It was reallz fun. I haven't played Pool in some years, but I thought I did prettz good. After a while, we boarded the train and went back to Hannover. In my opinion, Amsterdam was the stuff. I liked the city a lot because people in the city minded their own business, there were many different lifestyles one could live withut being judged or crucified for it, the people were nice and helpful, and there is a significan nightlife, which I experienced first hand. The thing that I found to be the most interesting about the lifestyle scene was the gay lifestyle. I noticed that there were manz gay friendly places all around teh city with the gay flag on them like bars, clubs, and shops. I alson noticed that the city didn't seem to be really homophobic at all. If anything, the city welcomed gay people. Gay people were welcomed to go into any building of the city that they wanted to go to. I also noticed that at the clubs, gay people hungout and danced with their partners and nobody found if offensive or made a big fus about it. People didn't even look at them wierd. They just blended in with everybody, which I thought was cool because in the states, gay people get wierd looks from people, and are even gay bashed sometimes. This aspect of Amsterdam, social tolerance and equality, is what I enjoyed and liked the most about Amsterdam. Here, you can be whoever and whatever you want to be.

No comments: