Friday, January 09, 2009

Jus' Jon 7

Yesterday, we made it to Amersterdam after 8 hours, 3 train switches, and 1 hour of train delay's. I felt fine on the train, but once I got off of the train, I felt out of place. Everything was in English. That's new for me because so far, everything, like the signs, have been in English and for the past few weeks, I have seen all of the signs in German back in Germany. I really felt weird when the lady at the hostle started talking to us in English. I felt like my space was getting smaller. I felt like I wasn't apart of the group because everyone knew what was going on except me. I really just felt weird. I just found out that there are other people in our hostle room besides us 14. I'm okay with it though. I like our hostle though because it feels like a ghetto home by the look, but it has a warm feeling to it though. I like it. I look forward to today in Amsterdam and hope everything goes well.

No comments: