Friday, January 09, 2009

Redlight district is a go!

This morning we went to the medical center in Hanover and had a powerpoint lecture given to us by the chief of staff of the cardiac unit. It was very interesting, especially the animal research part. I never realized that animal research could be done in the same building where people's lives are being saved in the operating room. The three pre-vet kids were given an opertunity to see a coronary bipass surgery which was seriously life changing! I was in awe of the fact that the patients chest was pried open and a real beating heart was contracting before me. I never considered becoming a surgeon but after this experience, its definatley something that I might consider pursuing. The heart surgery was awesome and left me speechless!
We rode the trains forever it feels like to get to Amsterdam but hey! We're here finally in the famous red light district. Our last train was delayed by an hour so they offered us free drinks on the train which was pretty sweet. We could smell the distinct aroma of pot as we wandered from the train station to the hostel. The Hostel was hoping when we walked in and it looks like it will be a fun weekend making new friends! One of the main things I want to do while we're here is go to the Van Gough museum of art because I'm a huge fan of his and I love all art in general. Ann Frank's house would also be a neat experience. Yay for free continental breakfast!

No comments: