Thursday, January 08, 2009

First off, I would like to apologize for the length of my last post, it was entirely too long. This one will hopefully be shorter, because I am not actually writing from my journal (because of that this might not be in chronological order). I can't believe our second free weekend is already here! The time is just flying by, and now I know that it is going to be harder than I thought to go back home. The past few days have been so much fun! I really enjoyed the Hannover Zoo; getting a backstage tour by the head veterinarian was a memorable experience, and I don't even usually like zoos! I could tell that he was very dedicated to the animals and his work, and that definitely showed during the tour. The kinder area of the zoo was also very amusing :). A couple words on Prague: beautiful, amazing. OK, a few more words: I absolutely loved it there, even when we had nothing planned to do. Just walking around the city was great! All the buildings were gorgeous and it had sort of a... vibe? Not quite sure how to put that, but it was fantastic. My favorite part, by far, was the concert that we went to. It was just a small chamber ensemble that played kind of a standard repertoire of classical music, but, since I play the violin and love music, it really made my day. My week. Quite possibly my entire year. I'm so glad that we took the opportunity to attend the concert! (sidenote: still not used to the German keyboards, typing this blog is a slow process) We also found this cute place to shop at
hmm, the lights just went out in the computer room, I guess I'll stop now and finish this at a later date!

No comments: