Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Post 5

So we finished the free weekend in Amsterdam and it went pretty well. I think I went in with too high of expectations though because I thought I would have a lot more fun. Don't get me wrong though. I still had a lot of fun and saw a lot of things. We made it to the Anne Frank house, and I felt like it was done really well. You get a good feeling about what it was like for the Frank family and the time period they were living in. Seeing the place where such a wide known event happened always sends chills crawling down my back. All the memories from when I first read the famous diary in middle school engulfed me in an instant as I walked through the dwelling. Once we left there we made it over to the Van Gough Museum. I felt like it was a little incomplete. My favorite Van Gough is Stary Night and that, unfortunately, rests in another museum. I'm trying to keep this as more of an academic post but I will mention that the Heineken Experience is something everyone who visits Amsterdam should visit. I'm not a beer drinker, but I still enjoyed this immensly. The rest of the trip consisted of hanging out and a lot of pool playing. Overall it was a complete success!

No comments: