Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Vienna!

This morning I got up a 3:10 to start packing and meeting the group at 4:20 AM. As if that was not hard enough as it was, we all went the airport, flew to Vienna, checked in the hotel, and then ate breakfast at Cafe de Provinz (or something like that... it was really good!). I was exhausted, but the huge chocolate waffel with kakao woke me up at least! We then went to the Wein Museum, where we learned about the history of Vienna and had a guided tour of the museum as well as the actual city. My favorite part was St. Stephen's church! It was huge and absolutely beautiful inside. It amazes me how dedicated Christains were to build these magnificent churches to worship in. Anyway, we then went inside the catacombs of the church, and I literally got to see piles upon piles of bones. Many femurs, humerus' (is the plural for that humeri, maybe??), and skulls. Very eerie!!! But I still thought it was really cool! I then went around a couple souviner stores, went back to the hotel, and took a nice three hour nap! At seven PM Dr. Zäck took us to a nice restaurant and bought us dinner! It was very good and very nice of AIB. Anyways, tomorrow I am excited about going to the Opera!!! I am going to enjoy it! Vienna is very nice!

No comments: