Friday, January 16, 2009

and I can be on the last train home

Just a short blog before most of us leave tomorrow :(... Although I will be extremely happy to be back in familiar old Texas, I am a little sad to be leaving Europe. I know everyone is saying this, but it did not feel like 3 weeks to me! I have had so many fantastic experiences on this trip, and I have 3 weeks' worth of memories that will, pardon the cliche, last me a lifetime. I think I am finally used to the German keyboard, and going back to QWERTY will be odd... I am looking forward to tonight's farewell dinner, although we will be missing Brian and Will. One last authentic European meal for me! Today was a great last day, mostly because we had the chance to relax for most of it. This program had so many visits and activities packed into it that it was nice to be able to sleep late and eat a nice leisurely brunch with friends. I really liked the Spanish riding school; seeing how much attention is paid to every little detail for the horses and riders was crazy! But the pictures of them performing were spectacular. If I ever have a chance to come back to Vienna in the spring (cross my fingers), I will definitely want to catch one of their morning exercises or performances. And I'd like to see a Mozart/Strauss concert (sad face to Lauren Lewis because we missed out). Also, if I ever come back, I would like to go back to Hannover and Prague. Until then, Auf Wiedersehen Europe!

No comments: