Thursday, January 15, 2009

It's a Bittersweet Symphony....

Ok so I'm going to treat this as my potentially last blog while abroad. and what a trip it has been. Today we went to the medical history museum of Vienna and it was interesting to see all the wax models and the instruments from back in the day. It would have been incredibly painful, especially if you needed an amputated limb from that saw that only took doctors a minute and a half to use. Makes me grateful for living in a time when medicine has come so far. Last night we went to the opperetta, and I can honestly say I enjoyed it. I've been to several plays, but never an opera. Having the english subtitles helped a lot, but even without it I think I would have been able to enjoy the performance.

I can't believe three weeks has almost come to a close. I thought I am completely surprised that I have not been homesick at all, not even once. So I guess this experience has made me more independent. I'm used to talking to my mom on the phone everyday, so it has been an adjustment. I'm so glad that everyone in the group got along really well and I hope when we get back to school we can continue to hang out. Overall it has by far been the best experience of my life.

No comments: