Thursday, January 08, 2009

Team Awesome

Today marks half way through the trip. Time has certainly gone by fast.I thought I would probably get a little homesick by this time since I'm so used to talk to my mom seriously every day, but since we're so busy it hasn't been bad at all. Saturday we went to the Hygiene museum in Dresden. So far it has probably been my favorite experience. At first when I heard hygiene, I thought it was going to be about germs and brushing your teeth. Thankfully, it wasn’t. I really enjoyed going through all the rooms and different body systems, I only wish that we had more time to see everything up close. Then about ten of us went to Prague to experience our first free weekened together. When we got off the train it seemed super sketchy, and all I could about was the movie hostel. But the hostel we stayed at was amazing! i loved it, and they had the best granola I've ever had.We walked a lot around Prague, mostly in the snow, but it was definitely one of the most beautiful cities I've been too. Last night we got back into Berlin and now we are in Hannover. The Charite museum we went to I definitely enjoyed. I especially liked looking at all the specimens of the brain, like the alzheimers and cancer ones.

I've noticed an overlap of or recurring theme of certain topics. The Blood and Guts book mentioned the four liquids in the body, blood, phlegm, and two others which were also mentioned at the Charite museum today. Then we also saw the iron lung machine and the old x-ray machines in both the hygiene and Charite museumes.

tomorrow is the Hannover Zoo, which I'm looking forward to;even if I freeze. Who doesn't love baby animals?


(This was written two days ago, but due to technical difficulties just now posted)


No comments: