Friday, January 16, 2009

The last day!

Today is my last day on this trip, and I am sorry to say that I have spent most of the morning sleeping. I will say that my birthday yesterday was celebrated splendidly and I want to thank everyone for making it one of the best birthdays I've had in awhile. Dinner was delicious and the karaoke was a blast!
Reflecting back on this trip and comparing it to others I have had, I would have to say that by far this is the best one I have ever been on. The things we have seen and learned have been amazing. And we are still not done! Today we are going to visit the Spanish Riding School, home of the famous Lipizzaner stallions. I am very excited about this because I have heard great things about the facilties and the horses themselves. I really hope we get a chance to see them in action, but I'm not sure that we will. This evening we will be givin a farewell banquet and I am going to miss seeing everyone when I get back home. Hopefully we can all stay in touch in College Station. I am glad that I got to share all of the experiences on this trip with everyone who came. I really enjoyed my time with the people on the trip, which is more than I can say for any of my other trips abroad. I am going to miss Germany and Austria and I hope that I will get another oppurtunity to visit both countries in the near future.

No comments: