Tuesday, July 01, 2008

Prepared for takeoff

I've waited till the last moment to post my expectations about the time I will be spending in Germany this summer. Up until this moment I haven't felt nervous, but now for some reason my nerves are getting to me slightly. Maybe its writing on this blog, or finishing up packing. I have been to Europe twice before, once to Paris and the other time to Tuscany and I got to see a little bit of Germany from the air. As far as the geography goes I'm expecting beautiful countrysides, and a land rich in history. One of my favorite things about my previous two trips to Europe is being surrounded by another culture. If anything, that is what I am most excited about. I have talked to my host family multiple times via email and I so excited that I get to live with them. They seem very compassionate and have been very helpful to me while I have been preparing. I also expect to learn a lot from the program and I am very excited about learning the history of medicine, which is a topic I love learning about. The group of Aggies that are going seems like a great group to me and I cannot wait to get to know and travel with everybody. I believe that the next five and a half weeks are going to greatly surpass my expectations and I can barely wait!

No comments: