Thursday, July 24, 2008

Bavaria

The last week has been great so far. We just walked around Munich for the last two hours so Pete could get his damn lederhosen, which he finally did at a second hand store. This last week has been incredibly interesting and full of historical significance. Nuremberg was an incredible city, it was creepy to be at the rally grounds and stand where Hitler once stood. I also thought that the documentation center, while long, was a great museum and did a great job showing how the nazi party worked through propoganda to control the people. Dachau was also a creepy place to know that I was walking in a place that contained so much pain and suffering within it. It was definitely a meaningful experience, and one that I won't soon forget.

Last weekend was amazing as well, I almost didn't go to Paris but was incredibly glad that I did. Drinking wine underneath the Eiffel Tower during the light show is something that I will never forget. Paris did make me appreciate greatly appreciate Germany, though. While it was a beautiful city and full of history, the people suck. When they're not trying to swindle you out of money they're just plain rude to you. I guess that comes with living in the most tourist visited city in the world. Either way I was glad when I heard german at the train station and got back to the order and familiarity of Dusseldorf, not to mention getting a good night's sleep. I'm looking forward to this weekend also, especially renting a car and driving through the Black Forest.

No comments: