Monday, July 07, 2008

Wilkommen in Düsseldorf!

We're here!!!  The time has finally come to be in Germany, and yet it still hasn't hit me.  Oh well, I hope it will soon.  The flight over here was nice, though there were a couple of hang-ups in Arizona...leave it to US Airways.  Man, this German keyboard is tricky.  I've been here for 29 hours, and so far I love everything I've encountered.  My host family is awesome, the ice cream is amazing, and the sights are full of history.  Before leaving to come on this trip I was in the Grand Canyon, so I didn't have much time to mentally prepare myself for Germany.  I was packed a month before the trip, and haven't done much planning.  I am not a very spontaneous person, so this trip should be interesting...I'm not even sure of my plans for this coming weekend!  Anyway, this experience is going to be unlike anything I've ever done before, and I'm so excited to see what Europe has in store for all of us!!  Tschuess!

No comments: