Thursday, July 10, 2008

Right at Home

I've been in Germany for a week and I haven't posted any of my experiences or thoughts yet. When I arrived in the airport, everything was going great until I came to the passport kiosk. It felt like an interrogation, so that made me nervous. All of my nerves were relieved when I found my host brother at the airport. I could not have asked for a better host brother. As soon as he found me and Jordan, he took us back to his house and became an example of a true servant. For my first few days in Germany, he was my guide into German culture and made sure that I was comfortable in Germany. The first Friday I was here, he took me with his friends to the Altstatt to experence what Germans do best, drink beer. I was so impressed when he and his friends bought me beer and would not let me pay for it. It allowed me to see that the Germans are very hospitable. After we got back home, we stayed up and talked about culture, politics, and ethics until 5 in the morning. It was a great introduction to the country and to the people I would be sharing the next 5 weeks of my life with. I am increadibally excited for the experences that the next few weeks are going to bring.

No comments: