Thursday, July 17, 2008

to DLR

I'm going to try this pre-excursion blog and then get back to you about our trip!  We just finished watching "Sophie Sholl- the Final Days."  This movie really touched me.  I was sad and angry all at the same time.  I tried to hold back tears but it didn't work.  I'm really looking forward to Munich and seeing the University where the Scholls distributed the leaflets.  I think that if I were to feel great emotions at any other location we visit, it will be seeing this University.  I'm a pretty emotional person as is, so I don't doubt that I will also have strong emotions as we stand in Berlin where they burnt the books and going to see other historical places of world war II.

On a much lighter note, I'm anxious to visit the German Institute of Aerospace Medicine in Cologne today.  Although much of their research is about developing better measures to protect humans from muscle atrophy in space, and it may not all pertain to veterinary medicine, having taking physiology last semester, it is always a great experience to apply what I've learned from a book to real life troubles.  It is great to practice my knowledge and see how it applies.

This weekend I will travel to Amsterdam, and thanks to Amanda, we have our e-tickets to the Anne Frank Huis.  Like I've said in my past blog, I've always enjoyed learning about this part of history, and I have no doubt this will also be a place that I will have strong emotions at.  So, safe trip to everyone going to Paris, and a safe trip to us as we further explore the rest of Europe!

No comments: