Monday, July 28, 2008

Just What the Doctor Ordered!!

Well this weekend was awesome to say the least. Sharon and I cruised to Locarno, Switzerland and were in awe of the beautiful landscape. We were literally surrounded by huge mountains and clear lakes that beckoned to be swim in. So I obliged and dove in the second I found an opening! We wanted to have a relaxing weekend so the only appointment we made was a bungee jump called Goldeneye that is the biggest in the world. It was probably the most terrifying thing I have ever done, but it was totally worth being scared out of my hosen. I think I appreciate life more and being on solid ground and not falling 800 feet to my death.

The first night we met Swiss Germans from the north that were vacationing in Locarno. Their German was slightly different and was rough sounding. It sounded like there was something stuck in their throat when they were speaking. However, me and them hit it off because we liked all the same music. We ended up singing a song from Mando Diao, an awesome Swedish band, at the end of the night together.

The rest of the weekend was spent by the vast lake Maggiore which connects Switzerland and Italy. We had a meat sandwich picnic and enjoyed locals shooting Roman candles at pestering swans. The highlight of the night was the superb firework show that was set to begin at 10;45, but did not start until midnight. This lateness would never fly in Germany. The people of Switzerland were extremely nice and helpful and I would recommend it for anyone who loves lakes and mountains and beautiful scenery. If you do not like these things, then you have a problem.

No comments: