Tuesday, July 22, 2008

ok this last week we visited some med and vet schools. we went to the hannover schools and saw some surgeries and got to visit their facilities. it was pretty cool. The pre-med people got to see a pig lung transplant. That was real cool to see the lung re-inflate after they were done, and really anytime you see a heart beating, it's a cool experience.
now we are in nurenburg about to head out to munich for the rest of the week. I'm looking forward to Munich. Everyone told me that was the place they loved the most.
I haven't said much about the host family I'm with so I guess I should do that. There is the mom the dad and the daughter. I have really enjoyed living with them so far. I haven't had any huge culture shock here, that I can put a finger on. I like their culture. It fits me. I love the fact that everything has order and a reason and everything is on time when they say it will be. It is how I am at home, so it's very nice. The biggest issue I've had is not hearing English. Whenever I do my heart skips a little beat. I get very excited. So really I think that has been the hardest thing adjusting to. Other than that, I'm loving being here so far.

No comments: