Thursday, July 10, 2008

Bullen!

So last night was yet another interesting night in Altstadt. Every night I go out I feel like I fit in more and more and know all the cool local clubs and bars. At around 10 Allen and I arrive in Old Town for student night to meet up with Andy Peters from the past Aggie Dusseldorf group and Jordan. We went to some electronica club called Sub and it was literally packed like sardines of dancing locals. To our astonishment, we spotted a couple of girls that we had met this previous Saturday. Me, Allen, and Andy proceed to do the Euro-type dancing with the girls and their friends. I'm not the world's most talented dancer, but I could hold my own with the Europeans. So after we worked up a good sweat we headed to a karaoke bar with the girls. I had never been to one, but I had a wonderful time watching the Germans try to belt out English songs from Whitney Houston to the Spice Girls. I could get used to the culture in Germany quite easily. On the way home, the girls showed Allen and I a shortcut to take on the trains. While we were walking down the streets, a passing by car was blocked by a baricade so the German girls moved it for them and then moved it back. About a block later we were met by a tiny police car. Allen and I were terrified because we do not know all the German laws and we feared we had accidently broken one. To end the story, the German girls quickly explained the baricade situation to the police while me and Allen watched with wide open eyes. The police apoligized for scaring us then we were on our way.

No comments: