Wednesday, July 02, 2008

Tomorrow!

Tomorrow's the day! This summer has gone by so fast. I've been so busy with visiting family and filling out med. school applications, I feel like I haven't been able to prepare for this trip as much as I would have liked. I'm a little nervous I'll forget something tomorrow, but I know it will all work out. This is the first time I've been out of the country, besides Tijuana and the Caribbean. Both of those trips were with my family and didn't seem like completely different cultures. I'm so excited to meet my host family and experience a new culture! I can't wait to see everything and try new foods! I know I'm going to miss my family and friends like crazy, being out of contact except through e-mail for five weeks. But it will be a great growing experience to learn not only about others but also about myself. This trip is going to be a once in a life time experience, and I can't wait to be over there!

No comments: