Thursday, July 10, 2008

Amsterdam Weekend

Over the week, I've come to feel more and more like Dusseldorf is really an awesome city that I have been growing accustomed too.  Each time we go out to the Altstadt we meet more people, for example, last night we talked to the clerk at a kiosk about why Dusseldorf is better than Koln.  You can probably read more about our adventure last night in Pete's blog.  As I've been figuring out where things are in this city and how to use the train/bus systems, the city isn't nearly as intimidating as it was on our first day as the taxi driver blew by the city on the way to the AIB.  I'm also beginning to realize what my friends were talking about when they said that studying abroad is an amazing experience.  This weekend we are going to Amsterdam, and from what I've heard from everyone it sounds like a great city.  I am looking forward to the museums and getting to experience a famous European city, and I'm sure we will have many, many stories and experiences to tell people back home about.    

No comments: