Sunday, July 13, 2008

Expectations and entertainment!

So this week has been pretty interesting! There are certain things that I expected to happen that aren´t, and certain things that I didn´t expect to happen ocurring. I wish I could be practicing my german more, as I have taken four semesters and was told that I would be able to practice it more. But besides that, the trip is going very well. The group here is amazing and I am looking forward to the times in the future.

I think my favorite part about this week was this past Saturday! We went to Trier, the oldest city in Germany that has a lot of Roman ruins. There was a French festival and lots of bands playing Jazz music! It was awesome! Then we took a train to Köln and watched fireworks! I was happy to see the fireworks because I missed the 4th of July! :( But now it´s okay.

My german is improving, but only in the asking for directions or ordering food area. I hope to expand my practice and to continue enjoying my excursions. This upcoming week is going to be a lot of fun because from now on and until the end of the trip, we only have 2 days when we are in Düsseldorf for the entire day!

Another thing that I have found very entertaining is the Bachlor and Bachlorette parties here! They go all out! That will be another entry: Our experiences with Bachlor and Bachlorette parties...look forward to reading it! Tschüs!

No comments: