Wednesday, July 02, 2008

Deutschland!

Well tomorrow is finally the day that I leave for Germany, it seems like its taken forever for this trip to actually happen. I had actually signed up for the winter trip, but then decided that it would be a lot more fun to be able to live with a host family, plus be in Germany twice as long. Thankfully I remembered to post to this blog before I left so that I don't start the trip out on a bad note with Dr. Wasser. As far as expectations of the trip I am really hoping to have a great time and experience a different culture. I grew up on the Texas/Mexico border and have been to the Caribbean once, but I have never traveled overseas and am really looking forward to it. One of the things I am especially excited about is living with the host family. I emailed them yesterday but they haven't replied back to me yet. Hopefully they're cool. Obviously I am a little nervous about traveling overseas and being immersed into a completely foreign culture, but I am sure that will all go away once I have a few awesome German beers. I also fully expect to come back to the states with a whole new understanding of just how bad Keystone and every other American beer sucks. All in all, I am really looking forward to the trip and learning more about German culture and medicine.

No comments: