Thursday, July 24, 2008

Munich

I love this city!!! I have walked all over the place by now and I don't think it could get old. I had no idea that Munich was so young in comparison to the rest of the country, but the architecture still looks so old to me. Of course, America is practically a baby compared to Munich so anything over 300 years old looks really old to me. The people have all been very nice as they have been all over Germany, and the beer....oh yeah! The fact that they come in 0.5L glasses just makes it all the better. I just love the traditions and culture of this area. It seems much more down to earth, not to say that Dusseldorf isn't. I just feel like I can connect to this city much more than up north. If I had to come back to Germany for just a few days, I think I would choose Munich. Of course, I haven't been to Berlin yet and I know Dr. Wasser really loves that city so I guess I should reserve my judgement until then.
I do have to say though that this week has been absolutely exhausting, both physically and emotionally. Today at Dachau was alot. I felt so much personally that I don't feel like I want to share it with everyone, but I think it is fair to say that it moved me to the point that I wanted to run out and throw up. I'll keep the rest of my thoughts to myself but I just wanted to let you know that I did feel something while I was there.

No comments: