Thursday, July 24, 2008

Damn I look good in these pants....

Well after a crazy week of being away from Dusseldorf we finally made it to Munich. I dont know if its something in the air, or in the liters of beer perhaps, but I absolutley love Bavaria! The people are jolly and their is fashion uber super cool. This morning we went to Dachau and it was an enlightening experience. I had never seen such a horrible place in my life, but it was something that will benefit me greatly. I didnt talk too much the whole time, which is unusual for me, because I just wanted to take the whole thing in and digest it. Well now that I have digested it, I learned so much that you cant read in books. The conditions the prisoners lived in were atrocious and the punishments were inhumane to say the least. I found it interesting to learn about the experiments done on the prisoners by the Nazis. Even though the experiments were not voluntary and disgusting, the results should be used to gain some good out of the obvious bad.

In Munich I searched all day for liederhosen. Finally when I was losing hope and about to give up, I came across a second hand shop and found a beautiful pair for only 80 euros compared to the usual 160 euros. Half priced liederhosen, but full price effect. I am really excited to wear them tonight and look like a complete idiot. Maybe the Germans will let me into their culture for the night. Well we will just have to find out.

No comments: